Friday 7 February 2014

Train life

So I'm on the train back to Cardiff and fulfilling my self awarded pleb label, I've forgotten my headphones. 100 pages of my book later, I feel like my eyes are burning. I've decided I need a new activity. 
I'm past the point of people watching - I've started to people study. A creepy yet intriguing game. The student opposite me to the right, snoozing unattractively is wearing a mustard yellow gilet that surely must be illegal. Under that he's in a knitted Christmas themed jumper and to be honest I'm struggling to look at him. He brings shame to this table of the train. I'm gonna call him Simon. For god's sake Simon, get a mirror. 
Directly opposite is a boy of no more than 17ish who has his legs stretched out so far the our knees keep awkwardly touching every few minutes. I'm calling him Richard because he seems a bit of a dick. (Comedy gold) Anyway, now I've got leg cramp from trying to keep my legs at an angle away from his. 
There's a guy in the aisle reading a really thick book and it just makes me wonder how much can he concentrate? He keeps swaying with the train's rigid movements and having to grab the seats to steady himself. My advice: mate, give up while you're ahead. I predict a tumble otherwise. 
I can't really stare at anyone else without it being obvious. If I were to stare then start typing again with an entertained looking face, I'm sure my inconspicuous little blog sesh would become apparent. 
*side note - 'sesh' keeps auto correcting to 'swag'. A fact of which I'm rather ashamed.*
Train update: just received a phonecall from my mother and Simon, Richard and aisle man all stared at me as I tried to establish where I was (Newport apparently). I find it so cringey talking on the phone in front of people. 
*side note 2 - I got a new record of 39 on flappy bird, all whilst managing not to swear under my breath. Two achievements in one I would say!* 
News just in: Simon sneezes and it sounds like a fart. Welcome to wales!


No comments:

Post a Comment