Tuesday 4 February 2014

Distractions, confusions and breaking my laptop.

The title of this blog basically summaries my blogging experience so far. As you can tell, it's going great. This happened:
........and now I can't actually find where the missing button has gone. So that's the breaking my laptop part. Next comes the ten minutes I spent lying on the floor searching for the button (to no success). I'm not too bothered though because I don't think I've ever used that button anyway.
The second distraction came when I accidentally opened my CD drive because when I pushed it back in, The Sims 3 launched and well, now the Peterson family exists.
Confusions came when I actually realised I had been meaning to write a blog, but could not for the life of my figure out the website. But here I am, writing a blog so clearly I did something right!
Having read back over this post, I realise now I've gone so far off track of what I intended to write. This was supposed to be a general first post where I write the answers to questions that nobody asked, like:
Hi! I'm Laura, an 18 year old journalism student at the University of Winchester, who thought she should actually do something productive like start a blog. Here I am doing so... 

(note the confused face. And my Hello Kitty onesie). 

ANYWAY. Today I listened to someone give a talk on how her blog launched her career as a novelist, and granted I don't want to write novels but the talk was still, in part, quite useful. She was speaking about how you need to find your niche, and to write about what you know for your blog to be successful. So a tragic thought came into my mind: What the hell do I know? Well, I made a list: 
  1. How to feed yourself for a week on about ten quid
  2. The strongest alcohols of a supermarket's own brand (therefore the cheapest)
  3. How to write well (I hope) 
  4. The specific combination of caffeine to drink before a 9 am lecture
  5. How to somehow pull of dressing in clashing clothes because you need to wash everything that would match
  6. How to run a blog
  7. The best places on the internet to find funny cat videos
Ok so number 6 is a lie. Unless tumblr counts...
The conclusion I made is that I know how to survive as a student on a budget who hasn't yet become: broke, over/under weight, or mentally unstable - though the latter could be argued by those who have seen me stressed, overtired or generally hungover. Which is why I'm going to blog as the niche that I am. An aspiring journalist and my sometimes funny, sometimes horrendously sad life. Because that hasn't been done before....


1 comment:

  1. Nice blog :)
    Please also check my post on my blog
    http://kimaitabar.blogspot.co.nz/2014/02/choose-fashion-21-makeup-review.html

    ReplyDelete