Sunday 22 June 2014

Outward bound from Cardiff.

I would consider myself a bit of a romantic. I always hope I'll find love at first sight at the train station or the person who's eye I catch in a coffee shop will wonder what my story is but we'll never see each other ever again. 
So, it comes with dismay that I'm sat writing this on an isle seat, not a window seat that looks out over the French countryside and that I'm writing this on my iPhone and not a quirky little notepad. But whatever, that's the 21st century for you, it's unromantic. More importantly however, this is the start of my little adventure to España. 
4 countries, one day. Wales to Bristol then a flight to South France and a drive to North Spain. A 7 hour journey from the time I left my house to the time I arrived in my host family's. 
I'm living with a Spanish family who's kids' English needs improving and need watching throughout the day. The brilliant aspect is that the 14 year old speaks fluent English, and the other is 10 so it's not like I'm watching little kids. No nappies, no tantrums, just mornings of English and afternoons sunbathing. 
I'm in a little town called Beasain which is deceivingly small but given that most families live in flats out here, the concentration of people is huge, meaning that this supposedly sleepy little town is a very busy one. 
My weekends will be spent in the coastal city of San Sebastián. A surfer's paradise and a beach bum's dream, I reckon this summer is gonna be a goon 'un. 

No comments:

Post a Comment