Sunday 30 March 2014

The Struggles of Legally Being an Adult

If like me, you're rubbish with money, then you might think I'm crazy to say this. 

With the 4th shift of my new job looming, I'm already planning how to quit. I'm not going to name any names, but it's a supermarket chain that I also worked in at my home city of Cardiff.
There's nothing wrong with the people or the company, but honest to God, working in a supermarket is the most depressing thing EVER

It literally feels like you'll never escape. Time slows down and you seem to attract every arsehole in the world who asks you something stupid like: "Which of these mustards has an earthier flavour?"
Dumbledore Really Bitch GIF
http://www.awesomelyluvvie.com
Then when you don't have the right answer because you don't rate the earthiness of mustard, they're so rude that it shoots down your faith in humanity. (This actually happened).

As a student, I'm further into my overdraft than I'd prefer to think about. Unlike other people, I don't have a student loan so the money won't automatically get topped up as of April 1st; Thus why I'm now employed and need to pay off the domino debt. 
So anyway, I hate the job. Absolutely hate it. But how do I quit when I'm contracted to 3 months?
I've thought of a few options. 

  1. Tell them I've broken my ankle and there's no way I can carry on my contract. 
  2. Never show up again 
  3. Tell them a family member is on the fence of life and I must rush back to Cardiff 
  4. Fake my own death
  5. Cry at them until they understand and we'll split mutually i.e. they'll assume I'm mentally unstable and get rid of me as quickly as possible


As you can tell, I'm avoiding an honest, grown up conversation because I'm not a qualified adult. (By legal standards yes but judging on the fact that I'm lying on my floor eating crackers, let's go with nowhere near maturity).

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. I'm struggling to find ways of having a conversation with them that doesn't involve something unrealistically dramatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment